Slippers

Holiday Daze

After being sick, I had the joy of being completely sucked into getting ready for Christmas. Lots of presents to be made and telling myself that it was ok that no one was going to die if they didn't get their presents. It's after Christmas and I still haven't mailed the package to my son.

I was so excited about weekly blog posts but alas, as you might have noticed, it didn't work quite how I wanted. Did someone die because of it? No, thank goodness. I'm going to be real with myself, I will strive for weekly and no one will die when I miss a week or two. 


I am writing this on Tuesday but it feels kind of like a Monday but with no kids. I'm trying to reset. I finished some projects and I'm ready to start others. Some are in progress and it's just time to regroup and get reorganized because they got way out of whack in December.

On the hooks and needles are gloves for my son, they have pinkies and half of the ring fingers. I'm doing them two at a time which is another adventure. I also have a pouch on needles and Milly my temperature snake is still in progress for another week. I'm pulling out some things that were on hold and I'm starting my next year's temperature project. It's all very exciting.

One project I finished was 100 Days of Christmas where I made a scarf. You can check out the playlist. I'm actually really excited because this has given me an idea for next year. I get to start working on it in January! I have to plan things out, and then record a lot of videos all before October. Am I biting off more than I can chew? I hope not.

I bought myself a Christmas gift of new lighting and a swivel arm camera holder so I can do tutorials with a little more ease. It's going to be a great year.

Do you feel like it's time to regroup after Christmas? Does Christmas leave you in a daze? And, do you have a word for the year? I'm still trying to decide if I will have a 2024 word or just my birthday word.

Anyway, have an amazing day and remember to let your light shine through your creations.

Comments