Slippers

 I joined in on a fun collab called Things We're Making Thursday. This year, they have offered themes for each month. January is slippers.

I found a fun monster eyeball pattern. I was so excited to make them and then I hated the slipper pattern. I looked for other patterns and I didn't like them. I finally decided to make my own.

Today, I am sharing with you a formula of sorts, a recipe for how to make your own slippers. There are 4 phases. I'm super excited that this pattern can work with single crochet, half double crochet, and double crochet. 

You can watch the video tutorial below.

Here is a basic of how each phase works.

Phase 1 is to make a circle until it is the same size as your big toe and second toe, or just smaller. For SC start with 4 stitches. For HDC start with 6 stitches. For DC start with 8 or 9 stitches.

Phase 2 is to increase until the toe box is just smaller or the same size as your toes. For SC, the best method is to inc 4 on one row, and then on the next row no increases. Repeat this alternating method. For HDC increase 4 stitches in each round. For DC also increase 4 stitches.


Phase 3 is making plain rounds without increases until they reach how high you want them on your foot.

Phase 4 is dividing the stitches in thirds. Leaving about 1/3 stitches open and working in rows until the heal. Then you finish it by sewing the back.


Comments