Slippers

So Many Things... YouTube Edition

 Hey there Soulshine!


This month I am trying out some new things on my YouTube channel. I thought I would let you know what's going on. 

For Mondays, I am continuing to do my podcast Creative Expressions. This is a series I do not foresee going away. It's something I have done since the beginning of my channel. My very first video was a Creative Expressions. I have filmed my 51st episode

On Tuesdays, I am releasing tutorials. My plan is to start creating blog posts about these tutorials. Some are basic stitch tutorials, some a bit more advanced, and some are patterns. I've done a couple of knitting tutorials but I have only been knitting for a little more than two years so I don't feel qualified to teach knitting. Crochet, I call myself an expert after 44 or so years.

Wednesday is WIP Wednesday. If I worked on a project during the week, I'll talk about it in WIP on Wednesday. Did you know that WIP stands for Works in Progress? Sometimes you might hear people refer to projects they have laid aside as WIPs but in my mind that is inaccurate. Those are called UFOs. UFO stands for UnFinished Objects. I have a few of these and my goal is to return them to WIPs throughout the year and finish a few things.

Thursday is extra fun. I joined a collab that started in 2022. It's called Things We're Making Thursday. Last year, they picked a free pattern each month for everyone to make. It was a grand MAL all year long. (MAL stands for Make ALong, you might also see CAL or KAL which are for Crochet ALong or Knit ALong.) This year, instead of picking a specific pattern that everyone is doing, they are choosing themes. For January, the theme is slippers. Be sure to check out the #TWMT hashtag.

Friday is and either or kind of day. Friday is called Finished Friday in my world. If I finish something during the week, it'll show up on Finished Friday. But what about the weeks that I don't have a FO (Finished Object)? That's when I do Frog It Friday. Frogging is a term for undoing knit or crochet. It's called that because you "rip it, rip it" which sounds like ribit. I have a recent video about the acronym I created for FROG.

Saturday is one of my favorite days. I don't always have a video. It is my day for special videos. Have you noticed that I like alliteration? Special Saturday! This is a day for unboxing/unbagging videos, special reveals like the Mystery Yarn Challenges, winner announcements, etc.

Sunday is a day of rest. I don't have any videos coming out. I do my best not to do any editing or recording on this day as well, sadly that's not always the case. 


I've been thinking about how to do something like Patreon as well. People usually have bonus material but I don't really have bonus material nor the capacity to make it. I kind of have a lot going on with doing so many video series. We'll see though. Ideas would be fun. If you have any, leave them in the comments.

Hopefully, I will have an awesome blog post about slippers up soon. Until then...

Remember to let your light shine through your creations!

Comments