Slippers

A New Adventure

 

One of my adorable makes.

As I have reached 400 subscribers on YouTube, I have realized I want to do more and be more. I have ideas for things to come on the channel. I have ideas for patterns to publish. I realized that having a blog would be a great idea. 

I want a place where I can talk about what I have going on. Where I can post my videos, finished objects, and patterns. A place where I am more involved in what you see than just social media platforms. Of course, you can find links to social media here on the blog. 

I also realized that some of the things I have planned would be best served by some written words. I'm even going to set up a newsletter.

Once upon a time, I loved writing. In fact, the idea of being in front of a camera was the worst. Now, I'm so used to being in front of the camera, I don't think much of it. I miss writing too.

So, for this first post, let me tell you a little about me.

I live in Utah. I have most of my life. I am currently doing the single parent thing. I have six children. My oldest recently moved out of state with his wife and my two adorable grandchildren. The other 5 are living at home. My youngest is 14.

I have many hobbies. My grandma taught me to crochet when I was pretty young. This means I have over 40 years of experience with crochet and I'm still learning new things all of the time. A couple of years ago, I took up knitting as a full time hobby. I absolutely love it and I always have something on the needles. I also play the piano and occasionally sing. When I'm feeling inspired, I like to write. I actually really enjoy editing my videos as well. I have dabbled in many other crafts and might again.

In my other life, I have been highly involved in personal development and home organization. I've been known to do some interesting things with energy work, especially interesting things with the energy of a home. I'm not sure where I am in that area of my life right now. I might just be taking a step back for a short while or I might be leaving that phase behind. Time will tell.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some people call us Mormons. It's a nickname given a long time ago that the church has asked us to stop using. I'm not going to be preaching about my beliefs. I'm also not planning to hide them so I'm telling you up front.

Other fun things about me. I love butterflies. My favorite color... well I used to say rainbow with sparkles. It's still fun to say. I think I have returned to a deep green being my favorite right now. My favorite holiday is Christmas. Yay! I'ts almost here. My birthday is December 1, so this is a fun new way to start my new birthday year.

To end this post, I will say, that starting on my birthday, I will be doing Vlogmas. We'll see how that goes. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for Vlogmas and more. Each Monday I post Creative Expressions which is a knitting/crochet podcast style video. I have other fun things happening as well. 

Comments